Today, we are going to discuss the steps for casting YouTube videos on Chromecast. If you want to know the steps, then keep reading this blog post.
1st step: First check whether the mobile and the Chromecast device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network or not. It must be connected to the same network because here network will act as an interface for both the devices. If they are not connected to the same network, then both the devices won’t be able to communicate with each other.
- To check the Wi-Fi connection of your Chromecast device, go to settings of your device and click on networks. If you find any problem, then you can go to www chromecast setup and follow on-screen instructions. You just need to enter the model number and a serial number of your Chromecast device.
- To check the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone or laptop, open the settings menu then go to ‘Wi-Fi and networks’ option. Here you will find a Wi-Fi Check whether it matches with the Chromecast connection or not. If the connection name is different, then connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network available in the list of Wi-Fi networks.
2nd step: Select the video you want to play
- Open the Youtube.com link or YouTube app from the mobile.
- You will find cast button on the top of the screen. Click on it to cast the video to the big screen. If you are opening a video through youtube.com, then the cast button will be placed at the bottom of the screen of player.
- You can watch the video directly from the app browser by visiting Youtube.com link.
3rd step: Select the Chromecast device
Now, select the Chromecast device which is connected at the back of your HD TV and click to start streaming the video through this device. Your video will start playing after Download Chromecast app on your device.
4th step: Stop casting the contents
To stop casting, simply press ‘Disconnect’ button from the top.
Important: While playing videos through mobile or tablet, you can continue performing other tasks through the same device. Your video will not get disrupted. If you want to control the playback functions like pause, play, and forwarding, then you can do so with the help of on-screen scroll bar. If you want to watch the video on mobile screen only, then press cast button again.
Playing more than one video back to back
If you want to play videos back-to-back, then it is an easy task. You need to simply add your favorite videos to the queue by clicking on ‘Add video to queue’ section. If you want to check the list of the video there on, then click on ‘YouTube’ logo. Apart from this, all the devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network can add video in the queue list. There isn’t any restriction on many devices. For more information, you can go to support page of Chromecast.
- Some videos on YouTube may not be played due to unsupported format or not approved from the streaming devices. For more information, contact at Chromecast support number.
- YouTube works on Adaptive bitrate streaming in which the video quality automatically adjusts according to the network speed. If the network speed is fast, then the video will automatically switch to the higher quality from the poor one.
- If you are casting through YouTube app, then only you will be able to stream the contents on the TV.