Chromecast is a small yet highly intelligent streaming device that allows users to connect to the world of top-class digital streaming. Chromecast comes straight from the house of Google, which is a company that needs no introduction at all. Chromecast works easily with computers with all sorts of operating systems, but at times, people are not able to connect Chromecast to their PCs or Mac computers. We in this blog post will find out the way to hook up Chromecast to PC or Mac.
Chromecast is a compact streaming device just the size of a pen drive that was launched by Google in the summer of 2013. The device is full of fascinating features, but I really liked its ability to connect to a wide range of devices. Google Chromecast works fine with Android 2.3 and higher, so if you have an old smartphone, even then you can take the benefits of hundreds of channels that are linked up with Google Chromecast.
Not just the Android, but the device works excellently with iOS 6, 7, 8 and 9. It can also be connected to Mac computers and Windows PCs. Google Chromecast works in a different way from Airplay and allows users to multitask. The Google Chromecast continues to stream content, even if goes to sleep. So, you just download Chromecast app and see what this device can do for you.
Setting up Chromecast to the Mac or Windows PC is quite simple, but if you don’t know the steps, then just keep reading the blog post.
- Google Chromecast need a power source to work, so you have to plug it into the USB port on your TV. You can use a micro USB cable as well, which comes with the device. You need to check all the settings that are required to connect Chromecast download PC.
- After you connect the device to your TV, you will see the welcome screen with a beautiful background.
- Now, you can either set up Google Chromecast on your Mac or PC by visiting the Chromecast setup
- If you decide to setup Chromecast from your PC, then you have to download the standalone application or the browser extension for Chrome. Chromecast extension download can be easily done without taking anybody’s help.
- If you choose to setup Chromecast download the standalone app, then the Chromecast app searches for the device on your network. If you want to stream from the Chrome browser to the TV, then you have to install Chromecast extension on your browser.
- To conclude the setup process, the Chromecast app will prompt you to confirm if all the inputs to your TV match with the ones that appear on the TV.
- For Mac, you have to use the Chrome browser and the rest of the steps remain the same.
In case, you find any trouble, then you always have the option to take the help of Chromecast support. There are a plenty of them available in the world right now, so you can choose the best ones. Though setting up Chromecast to the PC/Mac is not much of a task, yet people can come across difficulties. If that’s the case, then they shouldn’t shy away from taking help of experts.