Being a Chromecast user, there are some of the instances when you have to face common problems with your streaming device. This is the reason we have come up with the list of common issues and their potential solutions.
1. Casting problem with the videos
Firstly, you need to ensure that the Chromecast app is installed on the tablet or phone. In the case, if you are using a laptop or PC, then you will require to install the Chromecast extension via the Chrome web browser and then open the realtimes.real.com in the Chrome when you wish to cast videos.
Note: Chromecast doesn’t render the support to the native Windows software, and that’s why it is not available in the desktop RealPlayer app.
If you are willing to cast a video from the Cloud Library, ensure that you have signed into the RealTimes app on the device.
And in the case, if you have the extension or app installed, and you have signed in, but still not able to cast videos, then power-cycle the Chromecast with these steps:
- Firstly, just head to remove the Google’s streaming device from the HDMI slot.
- After that, unplug the power cable or USB cable, depending upon the device that you have powered up.
- Just head to relink the Chromecast device and then try again.
2. Chromecast option in the PC desktop player
Google Chromecast does not render the support to the native Windows apps, so you will not find it in the desktop RealPlayer app. If the classic streaming device starts providing its support to the Windows app, then we will check out.
3. No video at the time of casting
Mostly, the common problem is the result of either video or audio format not being compatible with the Chromecast. In such a situation, just upload the video to the RealCloud and then cast it from the fine Cloud library.
4. Not able to stream Chromecast with the connected RealTimes
Sometimes, the streaming device gets into a situation where it is not possible to receive the data. To fix this issue, just power-cycle the Chromecast with following steps in the top section.
5. If the videos are available a different format, or if the video bitrate is quite higher than 14 Mbps. After that, they will require to stay updated to the Cloud first and also to convert them to a supported format for the casting.
6. Adjusting the way to rotate the videos
In the updated Android or iOS builds, which is responsible for solving the problems of videos taken in the portrait mode casting sideways. Still, the portrait mode videos will appear on the right side up only if the home button was in the center at the time they got recorded.
7. Other issues-
- Ensure that you have got the latest version of the mobile device’s OS along with the current version of the RealTimes app.
- Ensure that you are also using up the new version of the Google Chrome.
- After that, ensure that the device is linked to the similar wireless network as the Chromecast.
- Ensure that the router, modem or the gateway has been set to multicast.
- Connectivity and Bandwidth in the home Wi-Fi network may affect the whole Chromecast performance. The performance of the router may get affected with the number of devices linked to the network, and along with the length of the time, it was restarted.