Moto G phone can only cast the contents through Chromecast. So, a media streaming player is necessary in this case. You can stream the contents directly from phone to HDTV. You need some interface. Here the Chromecast will act as an interface between the two. To stream the contents, you need a proper setup for Chromecast app on your mobile.
Firstly, we are going to discuss the steps for Moto G 4th generation device then we will discuss for the 5th generation.
Casting the screen
- You must ensure that you have Chromecast app installed on your phone.
- Select that TV HDMI input on which your Chromecast is connected.
- Enable your Wi-Fi.
- Go to quick settings of your phone and click on ‘Cast’ option.
- Select ‘Chromecast’ from the list of casting devices.
- You will find casting icon on the screen when you start casting.
- If you want to stop casting, then click on close button given at the top right corner of the screen.
Compatible apps: While casting the screen you must ensure that you have connected the Chromecast to the right HDMI port and the same port is selected for casting.
- Connect your Wi-Fi.
- When you open a Chromecast supported app like YouTube, you will find casting icon on the screen. Click on it to start casting the contents on HDTV.
- Meanwhile, you can read notifications related to recent apps by touching on ‘Notification’ icon from the status bar.
Note: You can use your phone normally while playing contents through it. You can place and answer a phone call while casting the contents from it. The contents will keep streaming without any problem.
Yes, if you want to stop casting, then you need to click on ‘Disconnect’.
Google Chromecast on Moto G 5th generation mobile
Now, we are going to discuss steps for casting contents from Moto G 5th generation mobile phone to HDTV through Google Chromecast.
- Install Chromecast app first, on your smartphone.
- Go to Apps followed by settings, then Display.
- Click on cast option.
- Select the right TV input from the TV remote. Select that port on which your Chromecast is connected.
- You must check that Wi-Fi is enabled on the device. For this, you need to go to settings> Wi-Fi> enable.
- Go to quick settings and click on ‘Cast’ after selecting the right Chromecast device.
- You can now start streaming the contents seamlessly.
- To stop casting, click on ‘x’ button given at the top right of the screen.
For more information and support, you can go to Chromecast help link or call at our Chromecast support number mentioned on the support page.
Compatible apps for casting the screen
- Select the correct TV input from your TV remote.
- Turn on your phone Wi-Fi from the settings menu.
- Open Chromecast compatible apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu and pull the status bar down to see the app.
- You can receive and make calls easily during casting. If you want to use any other feature of your phone while casting the contents then you can do so easily without any problem.
- If you want to stop casting, then click on the app and then on ‘Disconnect’. This will stop casting the screen.