Are you into streaming media thing then probably will be aware what Kodi is if not then let me tell you what Kodi is. It is streaming software which you can get free of cost and it can be installed on any device and allow users to play videos, music, digital music files etc and it turns every laptop, smartphones to a digital set top box or streamer. You can install this software on almost any ranging from laptop to your Android phones, to various streamers such as Chromecast Ultra and others.
Chromecast is a streaming device which when plugged into the HDMI port of your TV cast content directly to the TV screen but you need to Download Chromecast app from App store and Playstore. Chromecast extension Download is also available for chrome browser if you want to stream content using a browser. With chromecast audio, you can turn your ordinary speakers to the phenomenal speakers and stream your favorite song.
Now by installing Kodi to your Chromecast device you can enjoy play music, video directly from the internet and installation process is really simple just follow these steps below:
There are two ways by which you can stream content to your Chromecast by using Android device which is connected to Kodi. It is a lengthy procedure but is a power-friendly route.
How to install Kodi on a Chromecast using a tablet or Android phone
- First of all download ES explorer, Kodi, LocalCast and .xml file PlayerFactoryCore.
- Now open the ES File Explorer and then open settings and then head to display settings and tap “Show hidden files”.
- Also, make sure Kodi or XBMC media centre is connected to the Kodi app.
- Now once they connected go to the ES File explorer again and then open the download folder.
- In this folder, you will find the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and then head to Android then Data and then look for PlayerFactoryCore.xml file that you downloaded earlier. If you are still unable to find it then look in the downloaded files.
- Then copy the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and head again to Android and then data and look for either “org.xbmc.kodi” or “org.xbmc.xbmc”. For kodi use “org.xbmc.kodi”.
- Click the files you want to use and then got to userdata and then paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml, file into the folder.
- Now open Kodi and then trek to the video file you want to watch.
- Kodi will then automatically will launch LocalCast whereas, Android will ask you which app you would like to use while casting.
- After this, you will be asked to press play and also be asked which device you would like to stream to.
- Click Play one more time and you will be able to play video on your chromecast.
If you are finding process bit complex then chromacast help can help you with the installation process.
Now comes the short procedure
- First of all, open Chromecast app on your android device.
- Now go to the menu and select “Cast screen /audio”option and follow all the instructions to connect your chromecast.
- Now open Kodi and look for the video that you want to watch and then press play.
- Now it will play the video across both devices but won’t be able to turn your screen off and take any calls while the video is playing.
Hopefully, these methods will help you with installation process but if you need more guidance then take Chromecast professionals help.