Google’s Chromecast is perfect device to cast your local content to your Big screen smart TV from a phone, tablet or laptop. However, Open programs such as Kodi(XBMC) – aren’t easy to cast content – Source alphr.com
Don’t worry !! we will help you in casting all your favourite local stored media files on your big screen Smart Tv with the help of phone, computer and Chromecast.
How to install Kodi to Chromecast from an Android phone or tablet:
Let me clear this before we start, Currently it’s
not possible to stream Kodi media files to Chromecast from an ios device. How to install Kodi on iOS 9. Let start with setting up Kodi to Chromecast for Android devices.
Steps to Follow
- Download Google Cast ES File Explorer, Kodi, LocalCast and .xml file PlayerFactoryCore.
- Open ES File Explorer, open Settings | Display settings and make sure “Show hidden files” is ticked.
- Next, make sure your Kodi or XBMC media centre is connected to the Kodi app.
- After This, go into ES File Explorer again and open the Downloads folder.
- Find the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file you downloaded earlier (if not, navigate to where your downloaded files are saved).
- Copy the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and navigate to Android | Data and look for either “org.xbmc.kodi” or “org.xbmc.xbmc” depending on which streamer you use. Kodi will be “org.xbmc.kodi”
- Once open, click through Files | .kodi (or .xbmc, depending which one you’ve used) | userdata and then paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file into this folder.
- Open Kodi and navigate to the video file you want to watch.
- Kodi will then automatically launch LocalCast – although Android will ask you which casting app you would like to use.
- Once loaded, you’ll be prompted to press “Play” and asked which device you’d like to stream to.
- You’ll then have to click “Play” one more time, and it should, finally, play on your Chromecast-connected TV.
- Open the Chromecast app on your Android device.
- Open the menu and select the “Cast screen / audio” option and follow the instructions to connect to your Chromecast.
- Open Kodi.
Find the video you want to watch and press play.
- It will now play out across both devices, but you can’t turn your screen off or take calls.
Install and stream Kodi to Chromecast from a computer:
- Streaming Kodi or XBMC content to a Chromecast from a PC is very simple and easy way
- Download Chrome and the Chromecast app, as well as ensuring you have a Kodi or XBMC client installed on your computer.
- Install Chrome and its Chromecast casting extension.
- Open Chrome and select the “Cast” option from your Chromecast extension.
- Where you see “Cast this tab to…” on the right will be a small down arrow, click it and select “Cast entire screen (experimental)”.
- Once done, your entire computer desktop should be streaming to your TV.
- Open Kodi or XBMC and fire up a video to watch.