How your streaming is going with your Chromecast device? Undoubtedly, the Chromecast device has marked its position as one of the key streaming devices in the market. Being the prime product of the Google, the streaming device has also become the ultimate source of entertainment for all the users around the world.
Well, the company has been very active when it comes to upgrading the streaming device with the lineup of many features and functions to enhance the performance standard and the user experience in a proper manner. We are pretty much aware that you must be enjoying the streaming with your chromecast device on your big screen. But, less you would be unaware that your friends can also cast their favorite media to your chromecast. All they need is to have the setup of the guest mode by you to let them share their media on your streaming device. That’s why we are here to provide you the facile steps to setup the guest mode for your chromecast.
Step 1- Guest mode settings by the Host
Being the host, you have that authority to make all your passwords private. By staying in the same room, all the guests can easily cast the media from their iOS or Android device if they are in the same room as the Chromecast is.
For Setup of the guest mode-
- Firstly, make sure that your tablet or phone is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast to manage easily or set up the Guest mode settings.
- Now, just unlock the Google Home app.
- After unlocking the app, click the Devices option in the top right side of the home screen to view the availability of all the Chromecast devices.
- In the case, if you haven’t sign in, then just sign in by using a Google account.
- After signing in, you would wish to set up your guest mode on the top right side of the screen and after that head on to click the device card menu and then choose the Guest mode option.
- Lastly, make sure that the notification toggle is being on or off.
Step 2- Guest link to the Guest mode
Being a guest, you can cast the content without getting linked with the Wi-Fi of the host’s network.
Note: You must get linked to the internet. This could be a whole different Wi-Fi network or the mobile data connection.
- Just unlock any of the Chromecast-enabled apps and then click the Cast button.
- After, you will need to choose the Nearby device and then simply follow up all the prompts to link.
- In the case, if the audio pairing didn’t happen you will require entering the 4-digit PIN that you will get from the host. If you don’t get it, then you can navigate to the professionals to get the guidance to find out the four-digit pin code of Guest mode.