What on earth is Chromecast, in addition to how does that operate?
This Chromecast is really a 2-inch dongle in which doesn’t doesn’t look much different from a USB thumb drive you might plug into your laptop. This dongle works away from some sort of simple edition connected with Google’s Chrome OS, and has solely 256k memory – which is nothing. Even so, that doesn’t must have a lot of memory due to the fact it’s not very much regarding green glorified entrance. That will get connected to your HDTV’s HDMI interface, linked to your home’s Wi-Fi circle, in addition to functions as a website for your content on your own cellular devices to be forged on your TELEVISION.
Chromecast devices allow you to stream media to your TV or speakers using your phone, tablet or laptop. Cast your favorite content from your apps on your iPhone®, iPad®, Android device, or laptop right to the biggest screen and best speakers in the home.The Chromecast app is your one-stop shop for exploring what you can do with Chromecast. Use the Chromecast app to:
• Easily browse trending and popular content from your Cast-enabled apps
• Explore and discover more Cast-enabled apps to watch, listen to and play on your TV
• Use voice search to find content by movie, TV show or actor
• Play, pause and change volume across all your Chromecast devices.
• Customize your TV screen with beautiful imagery
• Plus, find the latest on new apps, offers, and features added to your Chromecast.
* Some features not available in all countries
HOW TO SETUP
Plug the Chromecast into your TV
1. Plug the male HDMI connector on the Chromecast into an HDMI port on your TV. If the fit is too tight, use the included HDMI extension cable.
2. Next, attach the included USB cable to the microUSB port in the Chromecast, and connect the other end of the USB cable to the power adapter, and plug it into an outlet. We were also able to use the USB port in our Samsung Series 8000 HDTV to power the Chromecast device. If your TV has a USB port, we suggest giving it a try, as it eliminates a little clutter.
3. Switch the input on your TV to the correct HDMI port. You’ll know that the Chromecast is powered on and working if you see the screen above on your TV.
Download and install the Chromecast Utility
1.Connect your notebook to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Install Google’s Chrome browser on your Mac or PC; Chromecast won’t work with other browsers.
3. Download the Chromecast utility at Download Chromecast setup (on a Mac, it’s a 3.5MB file), and install it on your computer.
Run the Chromecast Utility
1. Launch the Chromecast utility, and it will immediately start searching for the Chromecast device. Once it finds the Chromecast, it will display the device’s name both on your TV and your PC. Click Continue in the installer.
Once it connects, a code will appear both on your TV and PC.
2. Press the button that says “That’s my Code” if the codes match. During this time, you’ll lose your notebook’s Internet connection, as the utility is connecting to the Chromecast via Wi-Fi, and configuring the device’s Wi-Fi to connect directly to your wireless network.
3. Choose Your Wireless Network. The Chromecast is designed to pull videos directly from the Internet through your wireless network, so it needs to connect to your Wi-Fi. Using the Chromecast utility, select the Wi-Fi network you want the Chomecast to use, and enter the password, if you have one. Here, you can also change the name of the Chromecast device.
Once the Chromecast is connected, the image below will appear on your TV screen. Note that the background changes from time to time; it’s a nice little touch that keeps the interface, as minimalist as it is, from becoming too stale.
Your notebook’s screen will say “Ready to Cast,” and the Chromecast utility will open the Chrome browser to a video showing how to use Chromecast.